On this page I’ll post information about how to use BTT with the Leap. You can discuss your issues or experiences in the comments.
News: The next version of BetterTouchTool is almost finished and I think it improves the gesture recognition by a lot. Please stay tuned
Some general tips & infos:
- Make sure “Allow Background Apps” is enabled in the Leap settings
- Don’t use USB hubs.
- Don’t wear anything reflective when using the Leap (watches etc., even wet fingers can pose a problem)
- Spread your fingers, otherwise it will not be able to separate them
- If you encounter issues please check the leap visualizer and tell me what you see there
- Always try to check for new updates before reporting a problem. I set up an extra update channel for Leap users onto which I will push updates more regularly in the next few days/weeks.
- The optimal tracking mode depends on various parameters like the current light etc.. Usually high speed tracking works best with BTT, however there are also cases where precision or balanced is better. You’ll have to try what fits your working environment best.
- Mouse Emulation: There’ll soon be an updated version of BetterTouchTool that includes mouse emulation (i.e. moving the mouse and clicking). It will use a completely different technique for moving and clicking than the Touchless application.
- Many more gestures
Please don’t ask for a Windows version of BetterTouchTool, BetterTouchTool is the result of a lot of work over the last few years and I really just don’t have the time to even create a basic port for Windows. However I’m sure something similar for Windows will be there soon.