Today I made some modifications to MultiClutch by William Henderson (thanks for your great work!) the result I call BetterTouchTool. THIS TOOL IS IN ALPHASTATE!! I programmed it just today! So expect bugs!!
BetterTouchTool aims on Snow Leopard users who can’t use MultiClutch. BetterTouchTool is no InputManager, it is a normal app, you don’t have to install something, if you close the app everything is like before.
You can set global or app specific shortcuts for nearly every gesture (unfortunately 4 finger gestures are not supported yet) . Magic Mouse only supports swipe left and swipe right yet. BetterTouchTool should work with every application (even iTunes etc.).
For Magic Mouse users it has the option to set a higher mouse speed / acceleration. I included this because my Magic Mouse was very slow. Version 0.3 of BetterTouchTool (available in a few days) will allow you to use the Magic Mouse as presenter (move the cursor like with a touchpad without moving the mouse). I think the next version will also somehow be able to create a middle click using the magic mouse.
//Update: I found a solution on how to make more gestures available. Monday or tuesday I’ll release a version of BetterTouchTool which is able to recognize 3 finger tap on magic mouse and macbook and 4 finger tap on macbook.
//Update: Version 0.24 is here.
- Fixed problem regarding modifier keys and e.g. arrows
- Fixed some problems with gestures
- New icon (made by Nicolas from ifun.de, thank you very much!)
- Preferences window now doesn’t show up everytime you start BetterTouchTool
//Update: Version 0.21 is here.
- Allows to set single keys as shortcuts
- Modifierkey + arrow key commands not shown correctly in interface (but they will work)
//Update: Version 0.2 is here.
- Four finger tap supported(I hope this works everywhere) //Edit: Four finger tap doesn’t work correctly because it is called everytime you do s.th. with four fingers.. we’ll see if I can fix that.
- Some small bugfixes