in my spare time I developed a little BTT iPhone remote. It’s not yet finished, but I think I’ll be able to release a beta in about 2 weeks. For the most part I programmed this, because I haven’t made iPhone apps for a while and I wanted to learn some of the new techniques Also my new Macbook doesn’t have an infrared receiver and I wanted to control VLC while lying in bed.
If you want to help beta-test this thing, please comment on this post, and enter your e-mail (won’t be visible to other users). I’ll invite the first 30 people to download the iPhone app (in about 2 weeks). You’ll need iOS 5.1 or later to participate in the test.
The features of the iPhone remote are pretty basic:
- integrated trackpad, to move your mouse, scroll and click (but without multitouch gesture support for now)
- you can configure arbitrary application specific actions in BTT which will then show up in the BTT iPhone remote (all the actions and shortcuts you can use in gestures will be available for the iphone remote)
- you can launch files on your mac via the iphone (e.g. a movie)
- you can send keyboard commands from the iphone to the mac
- I think the design is nice
I know there are already many tools like this, but maybe you like the idea of having only BTT running and no extra server tools.
//Edit: so already more than 50 people want to help beta test this thing I’m not sure if I can send the beta to all of you, but I’ll see. Due to other work I had to finish, the beta will not start until in about two weeks from now ( 08/22/2012). Comments are closed now!