I just wanted to let you know that BetterSnapTool is compatible with OS X 10.11 El Capitan and is a good addition to Apple’s Split View implementation. (As Apples implementation only works in fullscreen mode there are still lots of usecases were you want to use BetterSnapTool instead).
If you encounter any issues please contact me (email@example.com)
Mac App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bettersnaptool/id417375580?mt=12
Also I have submitted an update for BTT Remote which brings iPhone 6s and 6s Plus support.
In case your BetterTouchTool says it has expired but doesn’t find a newer version to update to:
This beta version of BetterTouchTool is no longer supported. Gestures etc. will no longer work.
Please update to the most current version.
For more information please visit
Please download the latest version manually from here: http://bettertouchtool.net/BetterTouchTool.zip
There seems to have been an error with the update system that prevented some systems to update to the latest version. Sorry about that!
I just released the first BetterTouchTool version (0.9998) with Force Touch Trackpad support:
- BTT Remote for iOS is now available for free with an in-app purchase to unlock all features.
- Initial Force Touch support (still experimental but should be usable)!
- Fixed various crashes and hangs. Also BTT now has a watchdog helper application which restarts BTT if it crashed.
- New trackpad gestures: Two Finger Click, Two Finger Tap & Two Finger Double Tap.
- Force touch: Two Finger Force Click, Three Finger Force Click, Four Finger Force Click, Five Finger Force Click.
- Force Touch: Added Two Finger Click that can distinguish between whether the left or right finger pressed harder.
- Force Touch: Added Two Finger FORCE Click that can distinguish between whether the left or right finger pressed harder.
- Force Touch: Live View now shows current force on supported trackpads
- Force Touch: Choose haptic responses when a gesture has been recognized (via the little gear icon left to the Gesture selection popup button)
- Added new Force Trackpad section to the advanced trackpad settings.
Please report any issues you encounter!
when I set the expiry date for the last BST Beta I assumed Apple would release OS X Yosemite (10.10) on 10/10/2014, but it looks like this won’t happen
So here is a new “trial” that runs until end of the month, until then the updated BetterSnapTool version should be available in the Mac App Store.
here is a beta of BetterSnapTool that supports Yosemite’s dark-theme:
It can be used without limitation until 10/10/2014, but only on OS X Yosemite betas.
Please report any issue you encounter!
//update: fixed a few issues in beta2. If BetterSnapTool doesn’t resize properly on your system, please try to unplug and reconnect all external monitors and/or restart your system once.
For some reason comments were not working on this blog. I repaired the mysql database, now everything seems to work again.
Great WWDC keynote!
Just a little update for BetterTouchTool and BetterSnapTool
- BetterSnapTool seems to run fine as is
- BetterTouchTool crashes on startup, but I already identified the issue and will fix it tomorrow.
http://boastr.net/releases/btt0.997.zip this version should not crash on Yosemite anymore. Please report any issues you encounter, I was only able to test the basic stuff.
- Update 2: Some users still encountered crashes on startup with 0.997, I hope the are now also fixed with 0.9971:
- Update 3: This BetterTouchTool version supports the dark mode / theme in the OS X Yosemite Beta 3:
- Update 4:
- Fixed various crashes and bugs on Yosemite.
- If you don’t like the new behavior of the green window button in Yosemite, you can now change it with BTT using the trigger “Leftclick Green Window Button” in the tab “Other” in BTT’s main preference window. To get back the old behavior just use the predefined action “Zoom Window Below Cursor” ( see http://take.ms/F344Y)
- Update 5:
- 0.9981 fixes a problem in Yosemite DP 6 that caused the “Leftclick green window button” trigger to not work anymore. However you now have to assign the predefined action “Option Click” to get the old behavior back. See http://take.ms/P81Jg .
BetterSnapTool 1.4 is now available in the Mac App Store. It adds Mavericks compatibility and fixes some bugs.
Please report any issue you encounter, I really want to fix all possibly remaining bugs as soon as possible!
Known issues that will be fixed with the next update:
- On Mavericks, if two or more monitors are used and you disable the second menubar (which is enabled by default in Mavericks), BetterSnapTool may have some issues with resizing windows correctly.
If you encounter issues with windows not snapping correctly, please try this beta and tell me if it solves it: download beta
BetterSnapTool 1.4 with Mavericks compatibility is now available via the Mac App Store (see http://blog.boastr.net/bettersnaptool-1-4-is-in-the-mac-app-store/ )