when I set the expiry date for the last BST Beta I assumed Apple would release OS X Yosemite (10.10) on 10/10/2014, but it looks like this won’t happen
So here is a new “trial” that runs until end of the month, until then the updated BetterSnapTool version should be available in the Mac App Store.
here is a beta of BetterSnapTool that supports Yosemite’s dark-theme:
It can be used without limitation until 10/10/2014, but only on OS X Yosemite betas.
Please report any issue you encounter!
//update: fixed a few issues in beta2. If BetterSnapTool doesn’t resize properly on your system, please try to unplug and reconnect all external monitors and/or restart your system once.
For some reason comments were not working on this blog. I repaired the mysql database, now everything seems to work again.
Great WWDC keynote!
Just a little update for BetterTouchTool and BetterSnapTool
- BetterSnapTool seems to run fine as is
- BetterTouchTool crashes on startup, but I already identified the issue and will fix it tomorrow.
http://boastr.net/releases/btt0.997.zip this version should not crash on Yosemite anymore. Please report any issues you encounter, I was only able to test the basic stuff.
- Update 2: Some users still encountered crashes on startup with 0.997, I hope the are now also fixed with 0.9971:
- Update 3: This BetterTouchTool version supports the dark mode / theme in the OS X Yosemite Beta 3:
- Update 4:
- Fixed various crashes and bugs on Yosemite.
- If you don’t like the new behavior of the green window button in Yosemite, you can now change it with BTT using the trigger “Leftclick Green Window Button” in the tab “Other” in BTT’s main preference window. To get back the old behavior just use the predefined action “Zoom Window Below Cursor” ( see http://take.ms/F344Y)
- Update 5:
- 0.9981 fixes a problem in Yosemite DP 6 that caused the “Leftclick green window button” trigger to not work anymore. However you now have to assign the predefined action “Option Click” to get the old behavior back. See http://take.ms/P81Jg .
BetterSnapTool 1.4 is now available in the Mac App Store. It adds Mavericks compatibility and fixes some bugs.
Please report any issue you encounter, I really want to fix all possibly remaining bugs as soon as possible!
Known issues that will be fixed with the next update:
- On Mavericks, if two or more monitors are used and you disable the second menubar (which is enabled by default in Mavericks), BetterSnapTool may have some issues with resizing windows correctly.
If you encounter issues with windows not snapping correctly, please try this beta and tell me if it solves it: download beta
BetterSnapTool 1.4 with Mavericks compatibility is now available via the Mac App Store (see http://blog.boastr.net/bettersnaptool-1-4-is-in-the-mac-app-store/ )
I’m not at home for the weekend. If this version doesn’t work well for you, you can download the previous release here: http://bettertouchtool.net/btt0.963.zip
- Added a first beta implementation of my Leap Motion mouse control mode
- Live View now supports the Leap Motion Controller
- Added three finger circle gesture for the Leap Motion Controller
- The application switcher action does now work nicely with the circle gestures for the Leap
- Worked on the LEAP gesture reliability
- Some fixes for upcoming operating systems
- Should fix an issue that caused gestures to stop working sometimes
You can download the alpha version here or get it via check for alpha updates.
Please read the documentation for the Leap mouse mode (and post your comments there): http://blog.boastr.net/documentation-faq/leap-motion-mouse-control/
please discuss all LEAP related stuff here: http://blog.boastr.net/?page_id=3023
As I don’t have my final LEAP yet, it would be great if you could share your results with me.
BetterTouchTool 0.95 (21/07/2013)
- Dropped support for Mac OS X 10.6
- Enabled basic support for the LEAP Motion Controller (however this is very much a work in progress and will definitely improve soon)
- Completely redesigned the gesture and predefined-action selection popup button
- Added “Disable BTT For Current App” to statusbar icon menu
- Switching presets does not need to restart BTT anymore
- Added predefined actions “Switch To Preset”, “Start Automator Workflow”, “Execute Terminal Command”, “Post Distributed Notification”, “Show / Hide Cursor” and the function keys f13-f18.
- Added new trigger in the “Other Triggers” section, “Received Distributed Notification”
- Fixed a problem with BTT not being able to record some keyboard shortcuts correctly
- Trigger menubar menu-item can now trigger currently hidden items which only appear when pressing e.g. the option key.
- Completely refactored the window snapping stuff, so if you encounter any issues please let me know.
- Fixed a bug that lead to various crashes